The East Bend station is owned and operated by Duke Energy in Union, KY. Recently, Maxim was asked to help with a large outage with a complete tear out and replacement of the Precipitator along with a boiler outage. On March 12, 2018 the job officially started and is projected to take about 8 months. Maxim has partnered up with Saulsbury Industries as well as TEI/ Babcock Power, Bowen Engineering, Patriot Industrial and Chattanooga Boiler & Tank.
The job is going smooth and moving forward with the Precipitator tear out and rebuild with Saulsbury using a 2250 luffer and a 14000 Manitowoc along with multiple RTs of different capacities. The Boiler outage went well and was completed on time with TEI using a 2250 luffer and a 90 ton RT.
Maxim’s Cranes on site:
• 2- Manitowoc 2250 300 ton Crawlers with luffing jibs
• 1-Manitowoc 14000 230 ton crawler
• 1-100 ton Rough Terrain crane
• 1-90 ton Rough Terrain crane
• 3-80 ton Rough Terrain crane
• 2-50 ton Rough Terrain crane
• 1-350 ton All Terrain Truck crane
• 1-210 ton All Terrain crane
ConstructSecure, Inc., a cloud-based mobile platform that empowers clients to make smarter risk management decisions, has announced the recipients of its prestigious safety awards. Maxim Crane Works, L.P. has received the Platinum Safety Award.